Monday, May 10, 2010

Zoom, Zoom!!

As parents we all know that we strive to find the perfect gifts for our children. We consider what they are currently playing with, what characters interest them, and other things in order to narrow down the possibilities. I am told that as our children get older this task becomes more tedious, and of course the gifts more expensive. This thought provoking challenge has led me to many a let down with JB. I know that he is only 4 now, but in years past I have truly felt that many of my gift ideas have ended up a bust. This year Cody and I decided to give JB a guitar. My expectations for this gift are not about immediate gratification. I hope a seed has been planted in his mind, and the true enjoyment will come later on. As a whole JB has already spent time with each of his gifts. There has been one in particular this year though that he has especially become fond of. Nana and Pawpaw hit a home run with this "Race Car" as JB calls it. He has daily put in several hours and miles with his new set of wheels. I don't believe there has been a morning yet that he has not asked if his battery was charged. Today has been a beautiful day, especially before lunch. We finally decided to un-box all of our blow-up water toys. After adding water and air the kids were in heaven. With a little instruction on the slip-n-slide the kids were off to a fast paced CRAWL!! Hope your week has been as enjoyable as ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment